O1e Terms & Conditions
- Intellectual Property
- Vendor Guidelines
- Buyer Guidelines
- Community Standards
- O1e Chat
- Site creation terms
Terms of Service
Last Modified: April 2018
o1e and the following created sites are owned by KOLD IAD LTD. that includes; Dwell, Copy, oMusic, Scryn, Explore, Canvas, AARA, Playr and Ad Network.
These terms of service (the “Terms”) govern your access to and use of O1e.world (“O1e” or “we” or “our”) websites and services (the “Services”), so please carefully read them before using the Services. O1e.world consists of O1e Social, The Crunch, Bass and
By using the Services you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you are using the Services on behalf of an organization, you are agreeing to these Terms for that organization and promising that you have the authority to bind that organization to these terms. In that case, “you” and “your” will refer to that organization.
You may use the Services only in compliance with these Terms. You may use the Services only if you have the power to form a contract with O1e.world and are not barred under any applicable laws from doing so. The Services may continue to change over time as we refine and add more features. We may stop, suspend, or modify the Services at any time without prior notice to you. We may also remove any content from our Services at our discretion.
Your Stuff & Your Privacy
By using our Services you provide us with information, files, and folders that you submit to O1e.world (together, “your stuff”). You retain full ownership to your stuff. We don’t claim any ownership to any of it. These Terms do not grant us any rights to your stuff or intellectual property except for the limited rights that are needed to run the Services, as explained below.
We may need your permission to do things you ask us to do with your stuff, for example, hosting your files, or sharing them at your direction. This includes product features visible to you, for example, image thumbnails or document previews. It also includes design choices we make to technically administer our Services, for example, how we redundantly backup data to keep it safe. You give us the permissions we need to do those things solely to provide the Services. This permission also extends to trusted third parties we work with to provide the Services, for example Amazon, which provides our storage space (again, only to provide the Services).
You are solely responsible for your conduct, the content of your files and folders, and your communications with others while using the Services. For example, it’s your responsibility to ensure that you have the rights or permission needed to comply with these Terms.
We may choose to review public content for compliance with our community guidelines, but you acknowledge that O1e.world has no obligation to monitor any information on the Services. We are not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, appropriateness, or legality of files, user posts, or any other information you may be able to access using the Services.
Sharing Your Stuff
The Services provide features that allow you to share your stuff with others or to make it public. There are many things that users may do with that stuff (for example, copy it, modify it, re-share it). Please consider carefully what you choose to share or make public. O1e.world has no responsibility for that activity.
Files and other content in the Services may be protected by intellectual property rights of others. Please do not copy, upload, download, or share files unless you have the right to do so. You, not O1e.world, will be fully responsible and liable for what you copy, share, upload, download or otherwise use while using the Services. You must not upload spyware or any other malicious software to the Service.
You, and not O1e.world, are responsible for maintaining and protecting all of your stuff. O1e.world will not be liable for any loss or corruption of your stuff, or for any costs or expenses associated with backing up or restoring any of your stuff.
If your contact information, or other information related to your account, changes, you must notify us promptly and keep your information current. By agreeing to these Terms, you are representing to us that you are over 13. Please note that these the age restriction for O1e shop users is 13 years.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Services and you agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You are responsible for any activity using your account, whether or not you authorized that activity. You should immediately notify O1e.world of any unauthorized use of your account. You acknowledge that if you wish to protect your transmission of data or files to O1e.world, it is your responsibility to use a secure encrypted connection to communicate with the Services.
O1e.world Property and Feedback
These terms do not grant you any right, title, or interest in the Services, Software, or the content in the Services. While we appreciate it when users send us feedback, please be aware that we may use any feedback, comments, or suggestions you send us or post in our forums without any obligation to you. The Software and other technology we use to provide the Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. These Terms do not grant you any rights to use the O1e.world trademarks, logos, domain names, or other brand features.
O1e.world respects the intellectual property of others, and we expect our users to do the same. O1e.world will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the O1e.world service and/or the O1e.world website if such claims are reported to O1e.world. O1e.world owns all the copyright and intellectual property shared from time to time on its website or any publication, in whatever territory.
O1e.world, in its sole discretion, may terminate the accounts of users who infringe the rights of others. If you believe that your copyrights or other intellectual property rights have been infringed on a site hosted on O1e.world or through its services, you should provide O1e.world Copyright Agent with DMCA Notice that includes the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material, including URL that you claim is infringing
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address
- A statement declaring under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; the above information in your notice is accurate, and you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner;
- Electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest.
O1e.world Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of Copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. O1e.world does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for their availability, accuracy, the related content, products, or services. You are solely responsible for your use of any such websites or resources. Also, if we provide you with any software under an open source license, there may be provisions in those licenses that expressly conflict with these Terms, in which case the open source provisions will apply.
Although we encourage our members to continue to use our Service, you are able to terminate your account at any time. We reserve the right to suspend or end the Services at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice. For example, we may suspend or terminate your use if you are not complying with these Terms, or use the Services in any way that would cause us legal liability or disrupt others’ use of the Services. If we suspend or terminate your use, we will try to let you know in advance and help you retrieve data, though there may be some cases (for example, repeatedly or flagrantly violating these Terms, a court order, or danger to other users) where we may suspend immediately.
O1e.world is Available “AS-IS”
Though we want to provide a great service, there are certain things about the service we can’t promise. For example, THE SERVICES AND SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, AT YOUR OWN RISK, WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. O1e.world will have no responsibility for any harm to your computer system, loss or corruption of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services or Software. Some countries or regions do not allow the types of disclaimers in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL O1E.WORLD, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR (A) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS) DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT O1E.WORLD HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE; (B) AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE SERVICES MORE THAN THE GREATER OF $20 OR THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO O1E.WORLD FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS OF THE SERVICES IN QUESTION. Some countries or regions do not allow the types of limitations in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
We may revise these Terms from time to time and the most current version will always be posted on our website. If a revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify you (for example via email to the email address associated with your account). Other changes may be posted to our terms page, so please check this page regularly. By continuing to access or use the Services after revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Services.
Miscellaneous Legal Terms
These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive agreement between you and O1e.world with respect to the Services, and supersede and replace any other agreements, terms and conditions applicable to the Services. These Terms create no third party beneficiary rights. O1e.world’s failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of its right to do so later. If a provision is found unenforceable the remaining provisions of the Agreement will remain in full effect and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible. You may not assign any of your rights in these Terms, and any such attempt is void, but O1e.world may assign its rights to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Services. O1e.world and you are not legal partners or agents; instead, our relationship is that of independent contractors.
O1e.world Marketplace is committed to protecting the privacy of our users and site visitors. All information provided by you is only used to ensure the best possible shopping experience. All information is strictly confidential.
We will not disclose information about our customers to third parties except where it is part of providing a service to you – e.g. arranging for a product to be sent to you, carrying out credit and other security checks and for the purposes of customer research and profiling. We will only otherwise disclose your information where we have your express permission to do so.
If you place an order with us, we request certain personal information. You must provide contact information (such as name, email and delivery address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date and the 3 digit security code). We use this information for billing purposes and to complete your order. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use your contact information. Your telephone number is required for shipping purposes in case UPS needs to contact you regarding the delivery.
This was last updated on May 15 2014.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can set your browser to reject cookies. However, you will not be able to take full advantage of our web site if you do so.
We use tracking technology to better understand site traffic patterns and use. However, none of the information collected via tracking technology is personally identifiable information.
O1e.world strives, to the fullest extent possible, to provide accurate and updated content on this website. Unfortunately, there may occasionally be price changes, sold out goods and other unintentional errors on our site. We reserve the right not to be liable for these errors or changes and neither O1e.world, nor any employee or representative of O1e.world will be liable for damages arising from the use of this website or the products sold here.
Communication and Marketing
If you have made a purchase through our marketplace we may occasionally update you on our latest products, news and special offers via e-mail, post & telephone. You will also be given the opportunity to receive such communications from us and selected third parties when you become a member of O1e.world.
All O1e.world members have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties. If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing from us and/or selected third parties you should opt-out by clicking on the Unsubscribe link in any email communications we send you.
Transfers of Your Information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for O1e.world or one of our suppliers. Such processing may, for example, be required in order to fulfil your order, process your payment details or provide support services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Checking Your Details
If you wish to verify the details you have submitted to O1e.world you may do so by contacting us via the e-mail address or address given below. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take the form of your e-mail address and password submitted upon registration.
You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which we take in response to a request from someone using your e-mail and password. We would strongly recommend that you do not use the browser’s password memory function as that would permit other people using your terminal to access your personal information.
Third Party Sites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Disclosures of Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of O1e.world group of companies. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that O1e.world sells or buys any business or assets;
- if O1e.world or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets; or
O1e.world Marketplace is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act).
You have the right to access the information which O1e.world holds about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We always want to hear from our customers, even if it is in the form of a complaint. We are always grateful for any time you spend providing us with the knowledge we need to ensure our customers are completely satisfied – we want you to return to the site and to recommend us to your friends and family. If you have any questions or feedback about this statement, or if you would like us to stop processing your information, please do not hesitate to contact a customer service member of the O1e.world team, who will be delighted to answer any questions you may have.
Please contact us through our contact us page.
What & Why
We collect and use the following information to provide, improve and protect our Services:
Account. We collect, and associate with your account, information like your name, email address, phone number, payment info, and physical address. Some of our services let you access your accounts and your information with other service providers.
Services. When you use our Services, we store, process and transmit your files (including stuff like your photos, structured data and emails) and information related to them (for example, location tags in photos). If you give us access to your contacts, we’ll store those contacts on our servers for you to use. This will make it easy for you to do things like share your stuff, send emails, and invite others to use the Services.
Usage. We collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information to the Services.
Cookies and other technologies. We use technologies like cookies and pixel tags to provide, improve, protect and promote our Services. For example, cookies help us with things like remembering your username for your next visit, understanding how you are interacting with our Services, and improving them based on that information. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services. If our systems receive a DNT:1 signal from your browser, we’ll respond to that signal.
We may share information as discussed below, but we won’t sell it to advertisers or other third-parties.
Other users. Our Services display information like your name and email address to other users in places like your user profile and sharing notifications. Certain features let you make additional information available to other users.
Other applications. You can also give third parties access to your information and account – for example, via O1e.world APIs. Just remember that their use of your information will be governed by their privacy policies and terms.
O1e.world for Business Admins. If you are a O1e.world for Business user, your administrator may have the ability to access and control your O1e.world for Business account. Please refer to your employer’s internal policies if you have questions about this. If you are not a O1e.world for Business user but interact with a O1e.world for Business user (by, for example, joining a shared folder or accessing stuff shared by that user), members of that organization may be able to view the name, email address and IP address that were associated with your account at the time of that interaction.
Law & Order. We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with the law; (b) protect any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse of O1e.world or our users; or (d) protect O1e.world’s property rights.
Stewardship of your data is critical to us and a responsibility that we embrace. We believe that our users’ data should receive the same legal protections regardless of whether it’s stored on our services or on their home computer’s hard drive. We’ll abide by the following Government Request Principles when receiving, scrutinizing and responding to government requests for our users’ data:
- Be transparent,
- Fight blanket requests,
- Protect all users, and
- Provide trusted services.
Security. We have a team dedicated to keeping your information secure and testing for vulnerabilities. We also continue to work on features to keep your information safe in addition to things like password protected content.
Retention. We’ll retain information you store on our Services for as long as we need it to provide you the Services. If you delete your account, we’ll also delete this information. But please note: (1) there might be some latency in deleting this information from our servers and back-up storage; and (2) we may retain this information if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Around the world. To provide you with the Services, we may store, process and transmit information in locations around the world – including those outside your country. Information may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
Safe Harbor.O1e.world complies with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Safe Harbor (“Safe Harbor”) frameworks and principles. We will certify our compliance, and make our certifications viewable. You can learn more about Safe Harbor by visiting http://export.gov/safeharbor. TRUSTe is the independent organization responsible for reviewing and resolving complaints about our Safe Harbor compliance. We ask that you first submit any such complaints directly to us via [email protected] If you aren’t satisfied with our response, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you (for example, via a message to the email address associated with your account) of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.
Have questions or concerns about O1e.world, our Services and privacy? Contact us at [email protected]
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1 Except as expressly authorized by O1e, you agree not to reproduce, link to (via hyperlinks or otherwise), scrape, modify, rent, copy, lease, loan, sell, distribute, mirror, frame, syndicate, cache, store, record, publish, download, transmit, display or create derivative works of the O1e Property, in whole or in part, by any means. You may not, for example, publish any portion of the O1e Property (or links thereto) on any internet, intranet or extranet site or incorporate the O1e Property in any product, database, compilation, archive or cache. You must not modify, decompile, or reverse engineer any software O1e discloses to you, and you must not remove or modify any copyright or trademark notice, or other notice of ownership. You shall not attempt to circumvent any content protection mechanisms or digital rights management systems.
2 “O1e Trademarks” means all names, marks, brands, logos, designs, trade dress, slogans and other designations O1e uses in connection with its products and services. You agree to comply with O1e’s trademark and logo usage requirements as may be in effect from time to time. You may not use, remove or alter any O1e Trademarks, or co-brand your own products or material with O1e Trademarks, without O1e’s prior written consent. You acknowledge O1e’s rights in O1e Trademarks and agree that any use of O1e Trademarks by you shall inure to O1e’s sole benefit. You agree not to incorporate any O1e Trademarks into your trademarks, service marks, company names, Internet addresses, domain names, or any other similar designations, for use on or in connection with computer or Internet-related products, services or technologies.
3 O1e is committed to respecting others’ intellectual property rights, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement on O1e Property, please contact our Copyright Agent in accordance with our Copyright Policy which is available here and incorporated into these Terms.
4 Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, no right or license, express or implied, is granted to you or any third party by estoppel, implication, exhaustion or other doctrine of law, equity or otherwise with respect to any O1e Property or any other product, content, technology, intellectual property or service of O1e or its affiliates, licensors or partners. In addition, nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to grant to you or any third party the right or license to use O1e Property on any platform or device, in any place or in any manner which is not expressly authorized here under. For clarity, no right or license, express or implied, is granted to you or any third party by estoppel, implication, exhaustion or other doctrine of law, equity or otherwise with respect to any patent or patent application of O1e or its affiliates, licensors or partners. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to be a waiver or release of your past, present or future obligations to acquire such rights and/or licenses from O1e or its affiliates, licensors or partners.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
1 YOUR USE OF THE O1E PROPERTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL ADVERTISEMENTS AND OTHER CONTENT, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY STATED. O1E AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUPPLIERS, CUSTOMERS AND PARTNERS SHALL HAVE NO DIRECT OR INDIRECT LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE O1E PROPERTY. THE O1E PROPERTY IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. O1E DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANT ABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. O1E MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR GUARANTEES AS TO THE USEFULNESS, QUALITY, AVAILABILITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE O1E PROPERTY.
2 O1E MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT: (A) THE O1E PROPERTY WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, CURRENT, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (B) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE O1E PROPERTY WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, CURRENT, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE OR RELIABLE; (C) THE QUALITY OF ANY O1E PROPERTY OR PRODUCTS, SERVICES, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED FROM THE O1E PROPERTY WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS; OR (D) ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE O1E PROPERTY WILL BE CORRECTED.
3 YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR PROPERTY OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF THE O1E PROPERTY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE CAUSED BY CHANGES TO O1E PROPERTY), INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1 TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, O1E IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, ELECTRONICALLY TRANSMITTED ORDERS, OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE O1E PROPERTY, EVEN IF O1E HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN ADVISED OF, OR REASONABLY COULD HAVE FORESEEN, THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, HOWEVER THEY ARISE, WHETHER IN BREACH OF CONTRACT OR IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES DUE TO: (A) THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE O1E PROPERTY; (B) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED, OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO, THROUGH OR FROM THE O1E PROPERTY; (C) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT, MALICIOUS OR CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR, OR FALSE OR FRAUDULENT TRANSACTIONS; (D) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY OR (E) CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU MAY DOWNLOAD, USE, MODIFY OR DISTRIBUTE.
2 TO THE EXTENT THAT THE APPLICABLE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXCLUSION OF STATUTORY RIGHTS OR DAMAGES FOR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION, PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY, BUT ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION IS NOT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAWS.
O1e’s marketplace is built on trust. You can earn the trust of your buyers by following these guidelines on how to maintain a transparent shop, provide great customer service, and respect our community.
O1e will help you maintain a high level of trust with your buyers through our Vendor Service Level Standards (“SLS.”) Read more about SLS here.
Maintain a Transparent Shop
People come to O1e to buy unique goods directly from artists, brands, and designers. Make sure that your items are allowed to be sold on O1e and that you are representing yourself, your business, and your items accurately.
- Be sure to fill out your shop’s description under Store
- Only list items in your shop that are for sale and you are able to deliver
- Items must be accurately represented in listings and listing photos.
- Be aware that buyers can submit reviews of items they have purchased.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your copyright, you can report it to O1e.
- Do not engage in fee avoidance.
- Do not sell prohibited items.
Provide Great Customer Service
The following guidelines will help you meet the highest level of customer service.
- Honor your shipping and processing times.
- Respond to messages in a timely manner.
- Explain your shop’s policies clearly and honor those commitments.
- Try to work out disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our Trust and Safety team can help.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
Respect our Community
As a member of O1e’s community of buyers and Vendors, we ask that you follow our Community Guidelines.
Vendor Service Level Standards
In order to maintain a safe and trusted marketplace and to help you provide the best experience for buyers, O1e monitors orders that result in a negative buyer experience. This may include but is not limited to:
- Non-delivery cases
- Not as described cases
- Non-delivery chargebacks
- Not-as-described chargebacks
- Low reviews (1 or 2 stars)
- Cancelled orders
If you experience any of the above customer service issues, O1e will reach out to you with recommendations to get your Shop back on track.
If your customer service does not improve, further action may be taken against your account. Refusal or inability to provide a minimum level of customer service may ultimately result in the closure of your shop.
Offering Custom, Personalized Items
There are a few ways you can do this. It just depends on exactly what you’re selling.
If you have an item that has up to two fixed options, such as colour or size, add Variations to your listing. That way, buyers choose what options they want while checking out. Learn about Listing Variations here.
If you offer personalization, such as initials engraved on a necklace, let your buyers know what you offer in your item description. One of your listing photos could be an example, something you made in the past and can make again to the buyer’s specifications. Ask your buyers to let you know what they want in the Note to shop box they’ll see while checking out.
Some sellers do both. They offer Variations and ask buyers to leave additional specifications in the Note to Shop box.
Be sure to read over our O1e Guidelines, the Seller Guidelines, and review this article about what you can sell on O1e.
Here are a couple of policies to keep in mind:
- All listings on O1e must be available for purchase. Just like any other item, a custom order listing has to be made available for purchase with a set price.
- When using photographs of previous work with options for customization (like color choices) included in the listing, make sure it’s clear in your description that the photos shown are just examples.
O1e members can use community spaces to inspire each other, share and discuss ideas, and build independent creative businesses. Community spaces include the Forums, Groups and Blogs.
To make sure that O1e continues to be a place that’s safe and respectful, we ask that you:
- Be over 18 years old in order to participate in community spaces.
- Don’t use Messages to spam or harass others.
- Respect other members’privacy. Private or personally identifying information should not be shared in public areas of the site.
- Don’t use any of the tools or features on Nomad to interfere with another member’s business.
- Be respectful. Content posted in community spaces must not promote, support or glorify hatred. Read more.
As a member of the community, you have the opportunity to flag an item or a shop that doesn’t meet O1e Guidelines. Flagging is confidential.
Conditions of Sale
These Conditions of Sale govern the sale of products by O1e EU SARL to you. For conditions relating to the sale by third parties to you on O1e.world see the Participation Agreement . We offer a wide range of O1e Services, and sometimes additional terms may apply. When you use an O1e Service (for example Your Profile, Subscriptions, O1e applications for mobile or Message Centre), you will also be subject to the terms, guidelines and conditions applicable to that O1e Service (“Service Terms”). If these Conditions of Sale are inconsistent with the Service Terms, those Service Terms will control.
Please read these conditions carefully before placing an order with O1e. By placing an order with O1e, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions.
- OUR CONTRACT
Your order is an offer to O1e to buy the product(s) in your order. When you place an order to purchase a product from O1e, we will send you a message confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order (the “Order Confirmation”). If you are using certain O1e Services (e.g. O1e mobile applications) the Order Confirmation may be posted on a Message Centre on the website. The Order Confirmation is acknowledgement that we have received your order, and does not confirm acceptance of your offer to buy the product(s) or the services ordered. We only accept your offer, and conclude the contract of sale for a product ordered by you, when we dispatch the product to you and send e-mail or post a message on the Message Centre of the website confirming to you that we’ve dispatched the product to you (the “Dispatch Confirmation”). If your order is dispatched in more than one package, you may receive a separate Dispatch Confirmation for each package, and each Dispatch Confirmation and corresponding dispatch will conclude a separate contract of sale between us for the product(s) specified in that Dispatch Confirmation. Your contract is with O1e EU Sarl. Without affecting your right of cancellation set out in section 2 below, you can cancel your order for a product at no cost any time before we send the Dispatch Confirmation relating to that product. This right to cancel does not apply to certain categories of products and services, including digital products or software which are not supplied in a physical format (e.g. on a CD or DVD), once download or use (whichever is earlier) has begun.
You consent to receive sales invoices electronically. Electronic invoices will be made available in pdf format in the Your Account area of the web site. For each delivery, we will inform you in our Dispatch Confirmation if an electronic invoice is available. For further information about electronic invoices and instructions on how to receive a paper copy please refer to our help pages.
Please note that we sell products only in quantities which correspond to the typical needs of an average household. This applies both to the number of products ordered within a single order and the placing of several orders for the same product where the individual orders comprise a quantity typical for a normal household.
- RIGHT OF CANCELLATION UP TO 14 DAYS, EXCEPTIONS TO CANCELLATION AND OUR VOLUNTARY RETURNS GUARANTEE
Unless one of the exceptions listed below applies, you can cancel your order without giving any reason within 14 days from the day on which you or a third party indicated by you (other than the carrier) receives the goods purchased (or last good, lot or piece if it relates to goods or multiple lots or pieces delivered separately) or from the day of the conclusion of the contract, in the case of services or digital content not supplied in a tangible medium (e.g. CD or DVD).
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication before the 14 days’ cancellation period has expired and return the item via our return centre.
For additional information on the scope, content and instructions for the exercise, please contact our Customer Service.
EFFECTS OF CANCELLATION
We will reimburse all payments received from you for the goods purchased and will also reimburse delivery charges for the least expensive type of delivery offered by us, no later than 14 days from the day on which we received the above communication. We will use the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest. If reimbursement occurs after the maximum time period mentioned above, the amount due to you will as of right be increased.
Note that you must send back the goods by following the instructions available on our return centre no later than 14 days from the day on which us you communicate your cancellation. You will have to bear the direct cost of returning these goods. You may be liable if the value of the goods returned diminishes due to the handling of the goods (except when it was necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods).
EXCEPTIONS TO THE RIGHT OF CANCELLATION
The right of cancellation does not apply to:
- the delivery of products which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygienic reasons if unsealed by you after delivery, or which are, after delivery, inseparably mixed with other items;
- the delivery of sealed audio or video recordings or of sealed software if unsealed by you after delivery;
- the supply of goods made to your specifications or clearly personalized;
- the supply of goods which may deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- a service if O1e has fully performed it and you accepted when you placed your order that we could start to deliver it, and that you could not cancel it once delivery had started;
- the supply of digital content (including apps, digital software, ebooks, MP3, etc) which is not supplied on a tangible medium (e.g. on a CD or DVD) if you accepted when you placed your order that we could start to deliver it, and that you could not cancel it once delivery had started;
- the delivery of newspapers, journals or magazines with the exception of subscription contracts; and
- the supply of alcoholic beverages whose actual value is dependent on fluctuations in the market which we cannot control.
OUR VOLUNTARY RETURNS GUARANTEE
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, O1e provides you with the following voluntary returns guarantee:
All products from the O1e sites can be returned within 30 days of receipt of the products to O1e if the products are complete and are in an unused and undamaged condition. For shrink-wrapped and/or sealed data media (for example CDs, audio cassettes, VHS videos, DVDs, PC and video games and software) this means that we only take back the products in the unopened shrink wrap film or with an undamaged seal. The products are to be returned via our Returns Support Centre. This voluntary returns guarantee does not apply to digital products or software which are not supplied on a tangible medium (e.g. on a CD or DVD).
If you return products according to this voluntary returns guarantee, we will refund to you the purchase price already paid by you, but not the delivery costs of your initial purchase. Likewise the transport risk and return costs are borne by you. The costs of delivery and return are only refunded for returns of clothing or shoes from our sites. This returns guarantee does not affect your statutory rights and therefore does not affect your right of cancellation as described above.
Details on returning and examples can be found here.
- PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
All prices are inclusive of legally applicable VAT.
We list availability information for products sold by us on the website including on each product information page. Beyond what we say on that page or otherwise on the website, we cannot be more specific about availability. As we process your order, we will inform you by e-mail or by posting a message on the Message Centre of the website as soon as possible if any products you order turn out to be unavailable and you will not be charged for those products.
Please note that unless otherwise stated on the website, delivery estimates are just that. They are not guaranteed delivery times and should not be relied upon as such.
Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalogue may be mispriced. We will verify pricing when processing your order and before we take payment. If we have made a mistake and a product’s correct price is higher than the price on the website, we may either contact you before dispatch to request whether you want to buy the product at the correct price or cancel your order. If a product’s correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and send you the product.
- PRODUCT INFORMATION
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, O1e is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information to that displayed on our website. Ingredients may also change. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings and directions provided with the product before use.
For healthcare products, in the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product, please carefully read the information provided with the product or contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by a medical practitioner, pharmacist or other licensed healthcare professional. Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition. O1e accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.
When ordering products from O1e for delivery outside of the EU you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from O1e, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the products. Your privacy is important to us and we would like our international customers to be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities. For more information see About Customs.
- 1-CLICK ORDERING
1-Click ordering is the fastest and easiest way to order products safely and securely from O1e. If you are using a public or shared computer terminal, we strongly recommend that you deactivate 1-Click ordering when you are not at the computer..
- OUR LIABILITY
O1e and its affiliates will not be responsible for (i) losses that were not caused by any breach on our part, or (ii) any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure), or (iii) any indirect or consequential losses that were not foreseeable to both you and us when the contract for the sale of products by us to you was formed.
The laws of some countries do not allow some or all of the limitations described above. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above limitations may not apply to you and you might have additional rights.
Nothing in these conditions limits or excludes our responsibility for fraudulent representations made by us or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or wilful misconduct.
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your right to have the products sent to you within a reasonable time. If the delay occurs before the products are dispatched, we will not charge you for the products until they are dispatched and you may cancel your order at any time prior to dispatch.
- APPLICABLE LAW
These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, and the application of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. We both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the District of Luxembourg City, which means that you may bring a claim to enforce your consumer protection rights in connection with these Conditions of Sale in Luxembourg or in the EU country in which you live.
- AMENDMENTS TO THE CONDITIONS OF SALE
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and terms and conditions, including these Conditions of Sale at any time. You will be subject to the terms and conditions, policies and Conditions of Sale in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those terms and conditions, policies or these Conditions of Sale is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it may apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these Conditions of Sale is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
If you breach these Conditions of Sale and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Conditions of Sale.
We do not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18 you may only use O1e.co.uk with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
- OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Our contact details are:
Please visit http://O1e.world/contact-O1e
- In General
Access to and use of this Website and the products and services available through this Website (collectively, the “Services”) are subject to the following terms, conditions and notices (the “Terms of Service”). By using the Services, you are agreeing to all of the Terms of Service, as may be updated by us from time to time. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to the Terms of Service.
Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts or all of this Website.
You must not misuse this Website. You will not: commit or encourage a criminal offence; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or post any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the Service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person’s proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as “spam”; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. O1E will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
The use of automated systems or software to extract data from this Website for commercial purposes, (‘screen scraping’) is prohibited without license.
- Intellectual Property, Software and Content
The intellectual property rights in all software and content made available to you on or through this Website remains the property of O1E or its licensors and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by O1E and its licensors. You may store, print and display the content supplied solely for your own personal use. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on this Website nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise.
You shall not modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on any software or accompanying documentation supplied by O1E or its licensors. O1e.world™ and CIVVI.site™ are trade marks belonging to O1E. No licence or consent is granted to you to use these marks in any way, and you agree not to use these marks or any marks which are colourably similar without the written permission of O1e.
- O1E Community Areas
O1E reserves the right to close an account if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
- Submission of material
You own all of the content and information you post on the Blogs section (the “Community Areas”) of the Website, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy settings. In addition:
For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (“IP content”), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with O1E (“IP License”). This includes for example and without limitation the right and license to use, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such material (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. In certain circumstances O1E may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account provided that your content may still be accessible if it has been shared with others, and we are not obligated to delete IP content shared by you. You also acknowledge that O1E is not obliged to publish any material submitted by you on any O1E publication.
When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
When you use an application, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
When you publish content or information using the “Public” setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including other Website users , to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e. your name and profile picture). We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (telephone number, home address, business address, delivery address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified).
We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about O1E, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
By submitting any material to us, you agree to use the O1E Community Areas in accordance with the Community Guidelines and these Terms and Conditions.
If you do not want to grant O1E the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution on the Community Areas.
The Service provides you with the ability to interact with social media services, such as through Facebook “Like” buttons, Twitter and otherwise. These features may enable integration and/or access to your social media accounts. We do not control those social media services, your profiles on those services, modify your privacy settings on those services or establish rules about how your personal information on those services will be used. You and the social media service providers are in control of those issues, not O1E. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable social media services to learn more about how they handle your information before using any such features made available to you on our Service. We are not responsible for any acts or omissions by any social media service provider or your use of features that come from their platform.
- Terms of Sale
By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
Dispatch times may vary according to availability and any guarantees or representations made as to delivery times are subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible. Please see our Delivery Charges notice for further information.
In order to contract with O1E you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us. O1E retains the right to refuse any request made by you, and O1E reserves the right to close your O1E account at its sole discretion. If your order is accepted we will inform you by email and we will confirm the identity of the party which you have contracted with. This will usually be O1E or may in some cases be a third party. Where a contract is made with a third party O1E is not acting as either agent or principal and the contract is made between yourself and that third party and will be subject to the terms of sale which they supply you. When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods. The cost of foreign products and services may fluctuate. All prices advertised are subject to such changes. Please be aware that some of the goods sold through our Websites may not be suitable for children under 18 years of age, so please take extra care when purchasing goods as gifts, for under 18’s.
- Our Contract
- When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order. This email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. A contract between us for the purchase of the goods will not be formed until your payment has been approved us and we have debited your credit or debit card.
- Pricing and Availability
- Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. Where applicable, prices are inclusive of VAT. Delivery costs will be charged in addition; such additional charges are clearly where applicable and included in the ‘Total Cost’.
- The Service may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We therefore reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. We reserve the right to refuse to fill any orders that you may place based on information on the Service that may contain errors or inaccuracies, including, without limitation, errors, inaccuracies or out-of-date information regarding pricing, shipping, payment terms, or return policies.
- Upon receiving your order we carry out a standard pre-authorisation check on your payment card to ensure there are sufficient funds to fulfil the transaction. Goods will not be dispatched until this pre-authorisation check has been completed. Your card will be debited once the order has been accepted.
- Discount Codes
Promotional discount codes – We may from time to time offer promotional discount codes which may apply in respect of any, or certain specified, purchases made though this Website.
The conditions of use relating to any discount code will be specified at the time of issue.
These T&Cs relate to all O1E promotions, competitions and discount codes (unless otherwise stated).
- a) Only one promotion code can be used per order. A promotional code can’t be used after an order has been placed.
- b) Maximum pre-discount spend limit of £500 applies per order.
- c) Maximum 20% off beauty products.
- d) A promotion code can’t be used after an order has been placed.
- e) If the promotional code has expired, then you shouldn’t try to use it. Also you can’t swap your promotional code for cash.
- f) If you’ve been given a promotional discount code, then it can only be used by you on your own O1E account for the purpose for which it was issued.
- g) You shouldn’t pass your promotional code around your friends, or post it in a forum – you should keep it confidential and only use it for your own purchases through the Website.
- h) Look after your promotional code, because we are not obliged to provide you with a replacement and abuse of the code if it inadvertently gets lost and used by someone else will result in its cancellation.
- i) Maximum pre-discount spend limit of £500 applies per order using promotional codes.
- j) Brand or product category exclusions may also apply. We will let you know if the promotional code can’t be used against certain brands or product categories in your basket before you complete your purchase.
- k) Maximum 20% off beauty products (as listed in the Beauty category of the Website), regardless of the discount amount specified for the wider product range on the Website.
- l) Don’t use a promotional code to buy discounted products from O1E, and then sell them on for a higher price to make yourself a bit of extra money.
- m) If you do use your promotional code in any of the ways listed above or in a way that we consider abuses the spirit in which the promotional code was issued, then we can cancel or withdraw your promotional code at any time, and without letting you know beforehand.
- Gift Vouchers
- a) Once a gift voucher has been locked to an individual’s O1E account, the gift voucher becomes their property.
- b) After a gift voucher has been locked to an individual’s account, we reserve the right to refuse to discuss the gift voucher further, with the individual who initially purchased it.
- c) Gift Vouchers are valid for 24 months, and you don’t have to spend them all at once.
- Disclaimer of Liability
The material displayed on this Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. Unless expressly stated to the contrary to the fullest extent permitted by law O1E and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity and shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but without limitation to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangibles, damage to goodwill or reputation, or the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services, arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, performance or failures of this Website or the Linked Sites and any materials posted thereon, irrespective of whether such damages were foreseeable or arise in contract, tort, equity, restitution, by statute, at common law or otherwise. This does not affect O1E’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Linking to this Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
This Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of this Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- Disclaimer as to ownership of trade marks, images of personalities and third party copyright
Except where expressly stated to the contrary all persons (including their names and images), third party trade marks and images of third party products, services and/or locations featured on this Website are in no way associated, linked or affiliated with O1E and you should not rely on the existence of such a connection or affiliation. Any trade marks/names featured on this Website are owned by the respective trade mark owners. Where a trade mark or brand name is referred to it is used solely to describe or identify the products and services and is in no way an assertion that such products or services are endorsed by or connected to O1E.
O1E shall have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the Services and/or any page of this Website.
If any part of the Terms of Service is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms of Service will not be affected all other clauses remaining in full force and effect. So far as possible where any clause/sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the clause shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause /sub-clause as is permitted by law.
If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Entire Agreement
The above Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and O1E. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of O1E.
- Ethical Sourcing Policy
As a reputable and trusted business committed to offering its customers high quality products, O1E recognizes its obligation to ensure that suppliers are operating ethically.
We expect our suppliers to consistently provide an environment which protects their employees’ health and safety and basic human rights.
All suppliers are expected to comply with their national employment laws and regulations with particular regard to:
- Minimum age of employment
• Freely chosen employment
• Health and safety
• Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
• No discrimination
• No harsh or inhumane treatment
• Working hours
• Rates of pay
• Terms of employment
O1E will never knowingly source stock from countries which are in breach of the above principles. We also look to our suppliers to instil these principles when dealing with their own supplier base.
Because of the sometimes complex nature of our suppliers’ supply chain, it is not always possible to monitor and control the conditions of each individual involved in the production of our products. However, as O1E continues to grow it recognises the importance of being proactive and doing everything within its power to support the rights of those involved in the manufacture of its goods.
Our mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected place. Every day, people come to O1e to share their stories, see the world through the eyes of others and connect with friends and causes. The conversations that happen on O1e reflect the diversity of the community.
We want people to feel safe when using O1e. For that reason, we’ve developed a set of Community Standards, outlined below. These policies will help you understand what type of sharing is allowed on O1e, and what type of content may be reported to us and removed. Because of the diversity of our global community, please bear in mind that something that may be disagreeable or disturbing to you may not violate our Community Standards.
Helping to keep you safe
We remove content, disable accounts and work with law enforcement when we believe that there is a genuine risk of physical harm or direct threats to public safety. Learn more about how O1e handles abusive content.
Direct Threats: How we help people who feel threatened by others on O1e.
We carefully review reports of threatening language to identify serious threats of harm to public and personal safety. We remove credible threats of physical harm to individuals. We also remove specific threats of theft, vandalism or other financial harm.
We may consider things such as a person’s physical location or public visibility in determining whether a threat is credible. We may assume credibility of any threats to people living in violent and unstable regions.
Self-injury: How we work to help prevent self-injury and suicide.
We don’t allow the promotion of self-injury or suicide. We work with organisations around the world to provide assistance for people in distress. We prohibit content that promotes or encourages suicide or any other type of self-injury, including self-mutilation and eating disorders. We don’t consider body modification to be self-injury. We also remove any content that identifies victims or survivors of self-injury or suicide and targets them for attack, either seriously or humorously. People can, however, share information about self-injury and suicide that does not promote these things.
Dangerous Organisations: What types of organisations we prohibit on O1e.
We don’t allow any organisations that are engaged in the following to have a presence on O1e:
- terrorist activity, or
- organised criminal activity.
We also remove content that expresses support for groups that are involved in the violent or criminal behaviour mentioned above. Supporting or praising leaders of those same organisations, or condoning their violent activities, is not allowed.
We welcome broad discussion and social commentary on these general subjects, but ask that people show sensitivity towards victims of violence and discrimination.
Bullying and Harassment: How we respond to bullying and harassment.
We don’t tolerate bullying or harassment. We allow you to speak freely on matters and people of public interest, but remove content that appears to purposefully target private individuals with the intention of degrading or shaming them. This content includes, but is not limited to:
- Pages that identify and shame private individuals,
- images altered to degrade private individuals,
- photos or videos of physical bullying posted to shame the victim,
- sharing personal information to blackmail or harass people and
- repeatedly targeting other people with unwanted friend requests or messages.
We define private individuals as people who have neither gained news attention nor the interest of the public, by way of their actions or public profession.
Attacks on Public Figures: What protection public figures receive on O1e.
We permit open and critical discussion of people who are featured in the news or have a large public audience based on their profession or chosen activities. We remove credible threats to public figures, as well as hate speech directed at them – just as we do for private individuals.
Criminal Activity: How we handle reports of criminal activity on O1e.
We prohibit the use of O1e to facilitate or organise criminal activity that causes physical harm to people, businesses or animals, or financial damage to people or businesses. We work with the police when we believe that there is a genuine risk of physical harm or direct threats to public safety.
We also prohibit you from celebrating any crimes that you’ve committed. We do, however, allow people to debate or advocate for the legality of criminal activities, as well as address them in a humorous or satirical way.
Sexual Violence and Exploitation: How we fight sexual violence and exploitation on O1e.
We remove content that threatens or promotes sexual violence or exploitation. This includes the sexual exploitation of minors and sexual assault. To protect victims and survivors, we also remove photographs or videos depicting incidents of sexual violence and images shared in revenge or without permission from the people in the images.
Our definition of sexual exploitation includes solicitation of sexual material, any sexual content involving minors, threats to share intimate images and offers of sexual services. Where appropriate, we refer this content to law enforcement. Offers of sexual services include prostitution, escort services, sexual massages and filmed sexual activity.
We prohibit any attempts by unauthorised dealers to purchase, sell or trade prescription drugs and marijuana. If you post an offer to purchase or sell firearms, alcohol, tobacco or adult products, we expect you to comply with all applicable laws and carefully consider the audience for that content. We do not allow you to use O1e’s payment tools to sell or purchase regulated goods on our platform.
Encouraging respectful behaviour
People use O1e to share their experiences and to raise awareness about issues that are important to them. This means that you may encounter opinions that are different from yours, which we believe can lead to important conversations about difficult topics. To help balance the needs, safety and interests of a diverse community, however, we may remove certain kinds of sensitive content or limit the audience that sees it. Learn more about how we do that here.
People sometimes share content containing nudity for reasons such as awareness campaigns or artistic projects. We restrict the display of nudity because some audiences within our global community may be sensitive to this type of content – particularly because of their cultural background or age. In order to treat people fairly and respond to reports quickly, it is essential that we have policies in place that our global teams can apply uniformly and easily when reviewing content. As a result, our policies can sometimes be more blunt than we would like and restrict content shared for legitimate purposes. We are always working to get better at evaluating this content and enforcing our standards.
We remove photographs of people displaying genitals or focusing in on fully exposed buttocks. We also restrict some images of female breasts if they include the nipple, but we always allow photos of women actively engaged in breastfeeding or showing breasts with post-mastectomy scarring. We also allow photographs of paintings, sculptures and other art that depicts nude figures. Restrictions on the display of both nudity and sexual activity also apply to digitally created content unless the content is posted for educational, humorous or satirical purposes. Explicit images of sexual intercourse are prohibited. Descriptions of sexual acts that go into vivid detail may also be removed.
O1e removes hate speech, which includes content that directly attacks people based on their:
- national origin,
- religious affiliation,
- sexual orientation,
- sex, gender or gender identity, or
- serious disabilities or diseases.
Organisations and people dedicated to promoting hatred against these protected groups are not allowed a presence on O1e. As with all of our standards, we rely on our community to report this content to us.
People can use O1e to challenge ideas, institutions and practices. Such discussion can promote debate and greater understanding. Sometimes people share content containing someone else’s hate speech for the purpose of raising awareness or educating others about that hate speech. When this is the case, we expect people to clearly indicate their purpose, which helps us better understand why they shared that content.
We allow humour, satire or social commentary related to these topics, and we believe that when people use their authentic identity, they are more responsible when they share this kind of commentary. For that reason, we ask that Page owners associate their name and O1e Profile with any content that is insensitive, even if that content does not violate our policies. As always, we urge people to be conscious of their audience when sharing this type of content.
While we work hard to remove hate speech, we also give you tools to avoid distasteful or offensive content. You can also use O1e to speak up and educate the community around you. Counter-speech in the form of accurate information and alternative viewpoints can help create a safer and more respectful environment.
Violence and Graphic Content
O1e has long been a place where people share their experiences and raise awareness about important issues. Sometimes, those experiences and issues involve violence and graphic images of public interest or concern, such as human rights abuses or acts of terrorism. In many instances, when people share this type of content, they are condemning it or raising awareness about it. We remove graphic images when they are shared for sadistic pleasure or to celebrate or glorify violence.
When people share anything on O1e, we expect that they will share it responsibly, including carefully choosing who will see that content. We also ask that people warn their audience about what they are about to see if it includes graphic violence.
Keeping your account and personal information secure
We work hard to help keep your account secure and protect your personal information. By joining O1e, you agree to use your authentic name and identity. You may not publish the personal information of others without their consent. Learn more about how we work to keep your information safe.
Using Your Authentic Identity: How O1e’s real name requirement creates a safer environment.
People connect on O1e using their authentic identities. When people stand behind their opinions and actions with their authentic name and reputation, our community is more accountable. If we discover that you have multiple personal profiles, we may ask you to close the additional profiles. We also remove any profiles that impersonate other people.
If you want to create a presence on O1e for your pet, organisation, favourite film, games character or another purpose, please create a Group instead of a O1e Profile. Pages can help you conduct business, stay in touch with fans or promote a cause you care about.
Accounts of Friends or Family Members Who Have Passed Away: How you can create a place to remember lost loved ones on O1e.
O1e is a place where people come to share their stories and reminisce about friends and family members who have passed away. Once we receive proof of death, we secure and memorialise accounts. We do this once we receive sufficient proof of death.
Immediate family members can also request that we remove and delete a loved one’s profile.
Protecting your intellectual property
O1e is a place for you to share the things that are important to you. You own all of the content and information you post on O1e, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. However, before sharing content on O1e, please make sure that you have the right to do so. We ask that you respect copyrights, trademarks and other legal rights. Learn more about intellectual property rights.
Our global community is growing every day, and we strive to welcome people to an environment that is free from abusive content. To do this, we rely on people like you. If you see something on O1e that you believe violates our terms, please report it to us. We have dedicated teams working around the world to review things you report to help make sure O1e remains safe.
Governments also sometimes ask us to remove content that violates local laws but does not violate our Community Standards. If after careful legal review we find that the content is illegal under local law, then we may make it unavailable only in the relevant country or territory.
Please bear the following in mind:
- We may take action whenever something violates the Community Standards outlined here.
- We may ask Page owners to associate their name and O1e Profile with a Page that contains cruel and insensitive content, even if that content does not violate our policies.
- Reporting something doesn’t guarantee that it will be removed because it may not violate our policies.
- Our content reviewers will look to you for information about why a post may violate our policies. If you report content, please tell us why the content should be removed (e.g. is it nudity or hate speech?) so that we can send it to the right person for review.
- Our review decisions may occasionally change after receiving additional context about specific posts or after seeing new, violating content appearing on a Page or O1e Profile.
- The number of reports does not impact whether something will be removed. We never remove content simply because it has been reported a number of times.
- The consequences for violating our Community Standards vary depending on the severity of the violation and the person’s history on O1e. For instance, we may warn someone for a first violation, but if we continue to see further violations we may restrict a person’s ability to post on O1e or ban the person from O1e.
Not all disagreeable or disturbing content violates our Community Standards. For this reason, we offer you the ability to customise and control what you see by unfollowing, blocking and hiding the posts, people, Pages and applications you don’t want to see – and we encourage you to use these controls to better personalise your experience. Learn more. People also often resolve issues they have about a piece of content by simply getting in touch with the person who posted it. We’ve created tools for you to communicate directly with other people when you’re unhappy with posts, photos or other content you see on O1e.
Fees for Selling on O1e
Here’s a breakdown of the fees for selling on O1e:
|Having a shop||Free /$4.99||There is no monthly membership fee unless you are selling digital goods. The Fee for Digital vendors is $4,99 per month.|
|Listing an item||Free||Listings expire after four months.|
|Selling an item||5%||5% of the selling price. This does not include any shipping or tax rates you may charge.|
|Direct Checkout||Varies by country||These are the fees for processing credit or debit card, Apple Pay, integrated PayPal, iDEAL (Netherlands), Sofort (Austria and Germany), and Google Wallet payments.|
|Deposit Currency Conversion||Varies||O1e do no not process any payments. All Payments are handled by secure 3rd parties. Please check fees for currency conversion with your payment gateway.|
|Shipping Labels||Variable||You, the vendor are responsible for all shipping labels. O1e will provide the sales information so you can ship sales to the customer.|
O1e Chat Terms & Conditions
- Your Acceptance
- O1e Chat Service
These Terms of Service apply to all users of the O1e Chat Service. Information provided by our users through the O1e Chat Service may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by O1e Chat. O1e Chat has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, O1e Chat will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Service, you expressly acknowledge and agree that O1e Chat shall not be responsible for any damages, claims or other liability arising from or related to your use of any third-party website.
- O1e Chat Access
- In order to access and use the features of the Service, you acknowledge and agree that you will have to provide O1e Chat with your mobile phone number. You expressly acknowledge and agree that in order to provide the Service, O1e Chat may periodically access your contact list and/or address book on your mobile device to find and keep track of mobile phone numbers of other users of the Service. When providing your mobile phone number, you must provide accurate and complete information. You hereby give your express consent to O1e Chat to access your contact list and/or address book for mobile phone numbers in order to provide and use the Service. We do not collect names, addresses or email addresses, just mobile phone numbers. You are solely responsible for the status messages that you submit and that are displayed for your mobile phone number on the O1e Chat Service. You must notify O1e Chat immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your mobile phone. Although O1e Chat will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of O1e Chat or others due to such unauthorized use.
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc. or “load testers” such as wget, apache bench, mswebstress, httpload, blitz, Xcode Automator, Android Monkey, etc., that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the O1e Chat servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a O1e Chat application, and you are forbidden from ripping the content unless specifically allowed. Notwithstanding the foregoing, O1e Chat grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the website for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. O1e Chat reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. While we don’t disallow the use of sniffers such as Ethereal, tcpdump or HTTPWatch in general, we do disallow any efforts to reverse-engineer our system, our protocols, or explore outside the boundaries of the normal requests made by O1e Chat clients. We have to disallow using request modification tools such as fiddler or whisker, or the like or any other such tools activities that are meant to explore or harm, penetrate or test the site. You must secure our permission before you measure, test, health check or otherwise monitor any network equipment, servers or assets hosted on our domain. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including phone number, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service for any commercial solicitation or spam purposes. You agree not to spam, or solicit for commercial purposes, any users of the Service.
- Intellectual Property Rights
The design of the O1e Chat Service along with O1e Chat created text, scripts, graphics, interactive features and the like, except Status Submissions (as defined below), and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to O1e Chat, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. The Service is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only. O1e Chat reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Service other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of Status Submissions of third parties obtained through the Service for any commercial purposes.
- User Status Submissions
- The O1e Chat Service allows O1e Chat users to submit status text, profile photos and other communications submitted by you, as well as the automatic submission of your “last seen” status (collectively, the “Status Submissions”). These Status Submissions may be hosted, shared, and/or published as part of the O1e Chat Service, and may be visible to other users of the Service who have your mobile phone number in their mobile phone and which you have not expressly blocked. For clarity, direct messages, location data and photos or files that you send directly to other O1e Chat users will only be viewable by those O1e Chat user(s) or group(s) you directly send such information; but Status Submissions may be globally viewed by O1e Chat users that have your mobile phone number on their smartphone, unless the user is blocked by you. Currently, we have no method of providing different levels of visibility of your Status Submissions among users that have your mobile phone number – you acknowledge and agree that any Status Submissions may be globally viewed by users that have your mobile phone number, so don’t submit or post status messages or profile photos that you don’t want to be seen globally. A good rule of thumb is if you don’t want the whole world to know something or see something, don’t submit it as a Status Submission to the Service. The submission of your ‘last seen’ status is done on an automatic basis. As clarified in the following section, you retain your ownership rights in your Status Submissions. You understand that whether or not such Status Submissions are published, O1e Chat does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any submissions.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own Status Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. Because O1e Chat is only acting as a repository of data, user submitted statuses do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of O1e Chat, and O1e Chat makes no guarantees as to the validity, accuracy or legal status of any status. In connection with Status Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize O1e Chat to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all Status Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the Status Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Service and these Terms of Service; and (ii) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the Status Submission to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the Status Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Service and these Terms of Service. To be clear: you retain all of your ownership rights in your Status Submissions, but you have to have the rights in the first place. However, by submitting the Status Submissions to O1e Chat, you hereby grant O1e Chat a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Status Submissions in connection with the O1e Chat Service and O1e Chat’s (and its successor’s) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the O1e Chat Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each subscriber to your status on the O1e Chat Service a non-exclusive license to access your Status Submissions through the Service. The foregoing license granted by you terminates once you remove or delete a Status Submission from the O1e Chat Service.
- In connection with Status Submissions, you further agree that you will not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant O1e Chat all of the license rights granted herein; (ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage O1e Chat or any third party; (iii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; (iv) post advertisements or solicitations of business; (v) impersonate another person; (vi) send or store material containing software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (vii) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Service or the data contained therein; or (viii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service or its related systems or networks.
- Adult content must be identified as such. O1e Chat does not endorse any Status Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and O1e Chat expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Status Submissions. O1e Chat does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights via its Service, and O1e Chat will remove all content and Status Submissions if properly notified that such content or Status Submission infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. To file a copyright infringement notification, please send a written communication that includes substantially the following (see Section 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act): (i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material, including the mobile phone number of the O1e Chat user allegedly infringing the copyrighted work; (iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted; (v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Such takedown notices may be emailed to support at O1e Chat.site. O1e Chat reserves the right to remove content and Status Submissions without prior notice. O1e Chat may also terminate a user’s access to the Service, if they are determined to be a repeat infringer, or for any or no reason, including being annoying. A repeat infringer is a User who has been notified of infringing activity more than once and/or has had a Status Submission removed from the Service more than twice. An annoying person is anyone who is (capriciously or not) determined to be annoying by authorized O1e Chat employees, agents, subagents, superagents or superheros. O1e Chat also reserves the right to decide whether content or a Status Submission is appropriate and complies with these Terms of Service for violations other than copyright infringement and violations of intellectual property law, such as, but not limited to excessive length or limited interest. O1e Chat may remove such Status Submissions and/or terminate a User’s access for uploading such material in violation of these Terms of Service at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
- You understand that when using the O1e Chat Service you will be exposed to Status Submissions from a variety of sources, and that O1e Chat is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Status Submissions, and that such Status Submissions are not the responsibility of O1e Chat. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Status Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against O1e Chat with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold O1e Chat, its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the O1e Chat Service.
- O1e Chat permits you to link to materials on the Service for personal purposes only. O1e Chat reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the O1e Chat Service at any time.
- Warranty Disclaimer
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE O1E CHAT SERVICE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, O1E CHAT, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. O1E CHAT MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SERVICE’S CONTENT AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE THROUGH THE ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONSIN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE O1E CHAT SERVICE. O1E CHAT DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE O1E CHAT SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY USER STATUS SUBMISSION OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND O1E CHAT WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. AND AGAIN, USE THIS JUST FOR FUN.
- Limitation of Liability
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT O1E CHAT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Service is controlled and offered by O1e Chat from its facilities in the United States of America. O1e Chat makes no representations that the O1e Chat Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the O1e Chat Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless O1e Chat, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the O1e Chat Service; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that one of your Status Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the O1e Chat Service. We don’t support or encourage illegal consumption of alcohol or tobacco, so there.
- Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 16 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. In any case, you affirm that you are at least 16 years old as the O1e Chat Service is not intended for children under 16. If you are under 16 years of age, you are not permitted to use the O1e Chat Service. You further represent and warrant that you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a” terrorist-supporting” country, and that you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. O1e Chat is the developer of the Service, with an address at 3561 Homestead Road, #416, Santa Clara, CA 95010-5161, info at O1e Chat.site.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by O1e Chat without restriction.
The Information O1e Chat Collects
O1e Chat may obtain the following types of information from or concerning you or your mobile phone device, which may include information that can be used to identify you as specified below (“Personally Identifying Information”):
User Provided Information: You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information, such as your mobile phone number, push notification name (if applicable), billing information (if applicable) and mobile device information to O1e Chat when choosing to participate in various uses of the O1e Chat Service, such as registering as a user, updating your status or requesting status for your contacts. In order to provide the O1e Chat Service, O1e Chat will periodically access your address book or contact list on your mobile phone to locate the mobile phone numbers of other O1e Chat users (“in-network” numbers), or otherwise categorize other mobile phone numbers as “out-network” numbers, which are stored as one-way irreversibly hashed values.
Cookies Information: When you visit the O1e Chat Site, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. O1e Chat uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, the O1e Chat Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
Log File Information: When you use the O1e Chat Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, your phone number, phone number you are requesting the status of and various status information. When you use the O1e Chat Service, our servers log certain general information that our application sends whenever a message is sent or received, or if you update or request any status information, including time and date stamps and the mobile phone numbers the messages were sent from and to.
The Information O1e Chat Does Not Collect
O1e Chat does not collect names, emails, addresses or other contact information from its users’ mobile address book or contact lists other than mobile phone numbers—the O1e Chat mobile application will associate whatever name the O1e Chat user has assigned to the mobile telephone number in his/her mobile address book or contact list — and this occurs dynamically on the mobile device itself and not on O1e Chat’s servers and is not transmitted to O1e Chat. This means that if you have your friend’s mobile phone number associated with the name “Shakespeare” in your mobile address book, that’s the name that will appear for that mobile phone number in your O1e Chat contact list. We do not collect location data, but users may voluntarily share their location with other users via the O1e Chat Service.
The contents of messages that have been delivered by the O1e Chat Service are not copied, kept or archived by O1e Chat in the normal course of business. The O1e Chat Service is meant to be a SMS replacement, using data service through a user’s phone (either via cell network or wifi). Users type their messages, which are sent via data service to our servers, and routed to the intended recipient (who must also be a O1e Chat user), if that recipient is online. If the recipient is not online, the undelivered message is held in O1e Chat’s server until it can be delivered. If the message is undelivered for thirty (30) days, the undelivered message is deleted from our servers. Once a message has been delivered, it no longer resides on our servers. The contents of any delivered messages are not kept or retained by O1e Chat — the only records of the content of any delivered messages reside directly on the sender’s and recipient’s mobile devices (and which may be deleted at the user’s option). Notwithstanding the above, O1e Chat may retain date and time stamp information associated with successfully delivered messages and the mobile phone numbers involved in the messages, as well as any other information which O1e Chat is legally compelled to collect. Files that are sent through the O1e Chat Service will reside on our servers after delivery for a short period of time, but are deleted and stripped of any identifiable information within a short period of time in accordance with our general retention policies.
The Way O1e Chat Uses Information
When O1e Chat Discloses Information
Other users of the O1e Chat Service may see your Status Submissions in a way that is consistent with the use of the O1e Chat Service. For example, a status of “Can’t talk, please SMS instead” set by phone number +1 (408) 555-1212 will be available to every user of the O1e Chat Service who has that mobile phone number in their mobile phone’s address book or contact list. In other words: If another user has your mobile phone number stored in their mobile phone address book or contact list, they will be able see your status information unless you have chosen to block such user. “Last Seen” information is available and displayed to each user who has your mobile phone number in their mobile phone address book or contact book (and which you have not blocked), and reflects the last approximate time the O1e Chat mobile application has been used or brought to the foreground on your mobile phone. “Last Seen” information is reported to O1e Chat when a user brings the mobile application to the foreground.
We do not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information (such as mobile phone number) with other third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third party service providers to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to perform, improve or maintain the O1e Chat Service. We may share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, asset views, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the O1e Chat Site. We may collect and release Personally Identifiable Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law), international law or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant or equivalent, or where in our reasonable belief, an individual’s physical safety may be at risk or threatened. O1e Chat also reserves the right to disclose Personally Identifiable Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that O1e Chat believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of the O1e Chat Site or our servers, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of O1e Chat, our users or others.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
We are not fans of advertising. O1e Chat is currently ad-free and we hope to keep it that way forever. We have no intention to introduce advertisement into the product, but if we ever do, will update this section.
Our Commitment To Data Security
O1e Chat uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to O1e Chat and you do so at your own risk. Using unsecured wifi or other unprotected networks to submit messages through the O1e Chat Service is never recommended. Once we receive your transmission of information, O1e Chat makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If O1e Chat learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. O1e Chat may post a notice on the O1e Chat Site or through the O1e Chat Service if a security breach occurs.
Our Commitment To Childrens’ Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, O1e Chat does not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information or non-personally-identifiable information on the O1e Chat Site or O1e Chat Service from persons under 16 years of age, and no part of the O1e Chat Service is directed to or intended to be used by persons under 16. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use the O1e Chat Service or access the O1e Chat Site at any time or in any manner. If O1e Chat learns that Personally Identifiable Information of persons under 16 years of age has been collected on the O1e Chat Site or O1e Chat Service, then O1e Chat may deactivate the account and/or make the status submissions inaccessible. And always, think of the children!
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that O1e Chat is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the (hopefully) unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Changes and updates to this Privacy Notice
We know that you, the user of the Service, are concerned about how we use and disclose personal data. We are dedicated to openness regarding the ways in which we use and disclose personal data, and we are committed to complying with data protection and privacy laws that apply to us. Importantly, we want to give you control over personal data that we process about you when you use the Service.
Please be aware that other users of the Service may be able to see certain personal data you have submitted to the Service. Therefore, please be careful when sharing personal data about you generally in the Service and with other users of the Service. If you register with the Service, you will create a publicly visible user profile under your username. The profile allows other users of the Service to see for instance your name, location, your picture/avatar and profile text (if such data is provided to us by you), blogs and users you follow in the Service and users that are following you, and the posts and other items that you “like” in the Service. Such data may be shown on your profile page, in connection with the posts you like in the Service, on the profile page for the blogs you follow and in social features of the Service. If you wish, you may flag blogs you are following as “private” on the “Manage the blogs you follow” page in the Service, in which case your profile information is removed from the blog profile and the blog is removed from your user profile. However, other items specified above will still be visible for other users of the Service.
The social features of the Service also allow you to follow other users and other users to follow you. Your profile will be visible on the profile page of the users who follow you, and the users following you will be able to see when you start following other users. You can also connect your user profile with a blog, if you prove that you own that blog. In this case the blogs you own and blog profile texts for such blogs, if any, will be visible to other users in connection with your profile and in blog listings. You can manage the settings relating to your own blog on the “My blog” page in the Service.
- The Data We Collect
In this Section 2 we describe the personal data we collect.
(i) Personal data you provide to the Service
We may collect the following information from our users that may, in certain circumstances, alone or in connection with other data, constitute personal data:
- Full name
- E-mail address
- Blogs that you follow in the Service
- User picture or avatar (provided that you give this information)
- User profile text (provided that you give this information)
- Blogs owned by you and the related blog profile text (provided that you give this information)
- Information on your interactions with other users of the Service, such as information on which users you follow in the Service
- Information on your use of the Service, such as information regarding the posts that you “like” in the Service
If you use a third party service, such as Facebook Connect, for signing into the Service, we may collect personal data, such as your user ID, name, e-mail address, profile picture/avatar that are available in your public profile with the third party service you use for signing into the Service. We may also share the information that you “liked” an item or started following a blog on your Facebook timeline; if you do not wish us to share this information, you may inactivate it on your Settings page in the Service. The Service also includes a “Find friends from Facebook” feature which enables you to find other users of the Service that you have as Facebook friends.
(ii) Data Collected Automatically
When you use the Service, we automatically collect data that may in certain circumstances constitute personal data:
- We may place a “cookie” on the hard drive of the device that you use to access the Service. Cookies are text files that are saved on the hard drive of your device by means of your browser, enabling us to recognize your browser for purposes such as automatically authenticating you and logging you in to the Service, saving your preferences and directing relevant content to you. Most of the currently available browsers give you the option of managing cookies by, for example, disabling them entirely, accepting them individually, and deleting saved cookies from your hard drive. We would like to remind you that if you completely disable cookies on your browser, you might not be able to use some features of the Service.
- We may also place tracking pixels in the Service. A tracking pixel is a transparent graphic image that is placed on a web page and, in combination with a cookie, allows for the collection of information regarding the use of the web page that contains the tracking pixel.
- We use API keys of third-party software to authenticate the user to us.
- Google Analytics is an element of the Service. By using cookies, Google Analytics collects and stores data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of the website, the Internet Protocol address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the Service. By using a browser plugin http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/ provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
- We also use the analytics software service providers to provide us with statistical information related to your use of the Service, including, but not limited to, Mixpanel, Quantcast and comScore.
(iii) Data Collected Through Our Widgets
Our data collection devices include widgets, which run on third party sites to enable visitors of third party blogs to follow those blogs on O1e.world. O1e.worldwidgets collect the same personal information that may be collected by other aspects of the Service, as described above. In addition, if you use a third party site that has installed a O1e.worldwidget, we may collect certain metadata about you such as (i) unique identifiers, (ii) the geo-location, (iii) whether you are currently logged into O1e.world.com, and (iv) the url of the blog where the widget is located. We also track the page load where the widget is located and any clicks on the widget. We may also correlate your use of such third party sites with your O1e.worldprofile.
- The Purposes for Which We Use the Data
We use the data we collect for the following purposes:
- a) Personal data you provide to the Service:We may use the personal data you provide to the Service for the following purposes:
- To set up and maintain your registration with the Service;
- To communicate with you, including sending you an optional digest of new blog posts. You can manage your preferences regarding the digests on the “Settings” page of the Service;
- To provide features available in the Service;
- To develop, improve, and protect the Service;
- For direct marketing and market research, including for example reading recommendations and targeted marketing, in accordance with applicable law;
- To prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses; and
- To protect our rights and/or our property.
- b) Data collected automatically:We may use the data collected automatically for the following purposes:
- To manage the Service;
- To provide features available in the Service;
- To personalize the Service. In particular, cookies may be used for providing us information on the blogs that you looked at before registering to the Service. We use this information to provide you with blog recommendations;
- To develop, improve, and protect the Service;
- For market research and data analysis, including for example reading recommendations and behavioural targeting and targeted marketing, in accordance with applicable law;
- To audit and analyze the Service; and
- To ensure the technical functionality and security of the Service.
- How We Disclose Data
The data collected in the Service may be disclosed in the following manner:
- a) Personal data you provide to the Service:We may disclose personal data you provide to the Service with the following categories of third parties:
- To our advertising partners in compliance with applicable laws;
- To service providers, such as email communications providers, customer support tools and feedback service providers;
- To public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; and
- b) Data collected automatically:The data collected automatically in the Service may be disclosed to the following categories of third parties:
- To service providers, such as data analysis companies;
- To our advertising partners in compliance with applicable laws;
- To public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to do so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; and
Moreover, we may disclose information to third parties in an aggregate format that does not constitute personal data and does not allow the identification of individual users.
- Your Rights
You have the following rights with respect to the personal data we hold about you:
- The right to know what data we hold about you:If you have registered with the Service, the easiest way to review the personal data you have provided to the Service is to access your profile and account settings on the “Settings” page of the Service. On your settings page you can also make changes to the personal data we hold about you. If you have additional questions regarding the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at [email protected] We seek to swiftly respond to your inquiry. We may charge a small processing fee if less than twelve (12) months has passed since your last inquiry relating to personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have incomplete, incorrect, outdated, or unnecessary personal data corrected, deleted, or updated.The easiest way to correct, delete, or update the personal data you have provided to the Service is to access your profile settings and enter the necessary changes there. If you have additional questions regarding the correction, deletion, or updating of the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at [email protected]
- The right to opt out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications from us:All electronic direct marketing communications that you may receive from us, such as e-mail messages, give you an option of not receiving such communications from us in the future. If you have any additional questions about electronic direct marketing received from us, please contact us [email protected]
- Data Security
The security of personal data is important to us. For example, your user account is protected by a password, the servers we use are secured and protected by a firewall, and we restrict access to personal data to employees, contractors and agents who need to know such personal data in order to operate, develop or improve the Service.
Even so, we cannot guarantee that your personal data are always secure because data security measures in use from time to time may be vulnerable. Consequently, please be mindful of the risks that personal data about you may be exposed to when you use the Service.
- International Transfers of Personal Data
If you are located in the European Union, please note that some of the servers where the Service is hosted may be located in countries outside the European Union. The laws applicable to the protection of personal data in such countries may be different from your home country. By registering with the Service, you consent to personal data about you being transferred outside the European Union.
Moreover, if you are located outside the European Union, please note that some of your data may be located on servers within the European Union or Sweden.
- Children’s Privacy
The Service is not intended for users younger than thirteen (13) years of age. We do not intend to collect any personal data from children under thirteen (13) years of age.
- Questions or Concerns?